Sunday, April 1, 2012

Hot Vinyasa Flow - bring your water!

I am excited to announce that starting April (next week Tuesday, the 3rd) I will be teaching a Level 2 Hot Vinyasa Flow class at Yoga Shakti! It's Shakti's first ever official "hot yoga" class - come to life by student demand. I hope to see you sweat junkies on the playground. Tuesdays & Thursdays, Irvine Location, 9-10:30am

Found this flyer at YS! Looks nice :)
Please note that it's not Bikram style heat (105) but somewhere between 85-95F. However, don't let the 10-15 degrees fool you. It's quite easy to get dehydrated in this type of heat + rigorous asana, so please drink plenty of water before and after practice. Also, in any of my classes you are always welcome to leave the room for any reason - to cool down, to use the restroom, or get a drink [etc].

Heat increases the heart rate and may not be appropriate for pregnant women or people with cardiac problems, high blood pressure or autoimmune disorders! Everyone else, leave your wooly socks at home and I'll see you on a mat.

I also want to thank Lululemon at the Spectrum for having me as a guest teacher today. It's always great fun to be a part of their community. However, teaching around all those cute clothes always makes me want to shop (eeeeek), so I am glad I had to jet to teach another class, or it would have been a pricy morning (ha ha).

Every week, lululemon stores and showrooms push their products aside, unroll yoga mats and turn their spaces into instant yoga studios. If you're short on $ (because you spent it all on lulupants?) hit up their space for some free weekend yoga! FREE YOGA! That's fantastic.



No comments:

Post a Comment