Saturday, November 2, 2013

Bali, Indonesia

Photo Credit: Lionda Liepina

"I was in the pool today, by myself, with not a soul around - head throbbing, hung over because I think last night I had a beer for every worry... and I was playing with this plumeria that had fallen into the water ... Playing, twirling it around, dizzy, falling under its spell ... And for a moment, I was there, truly there, magnificently present, in a pool, in Bali, Indonesia, living out the last days of being 26 - my biggest worries being uncertainty and finances, which are two things most people, everywhere, generically, feel burdened with... Even somewhere at a sterile grocery store behind the Orange Curtain. And in that moment I remembered how fucking okay, how fucking beautiful everything is. But those moments, like waves, come and go. That capacity to see past the bullshit, and see the truth; life as it is, without the veils, is there. But I don't want to just go there from time to time, I want to practice and one day, be IN that space every waking, every breathing, pulsing moment of my life."

An excerpt from an e-mail I sent to a friend recently. I think it sums up my experience, and my yoga practice, in this moment in life, rather adequately. And that's that. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment