Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I am trying.

It's my second morning in Denmark. This morning my Dadi Jimbo flew back to California. We spent all of yesterday together, visiting Danish castles, sleeping by the sea, eating ice cream, and being lazy. I woke up today, in my beautiful room, and more than usual, felt the strong underlying current of change. I miss the company already, but am grateful for the short time we had, and I am happy to know that my mother will soon have her 007 by her side. A new life begins for my parents, as for the first time they will have the Hilltop house entirely to themselves. Their children scattered all of the world...


It's 9am, and I am having a hard time kick starting this day. I had planned to go for a run in the morning, but  my achilles still aches from the 10K Nike Charity Run that Lionda and I part took in 2 days ago in Riga. I also like my room, and part of me just wants to listen to James Vincent McMorrow, take in the sounds of Copenhagen outside my big windows, and slow down. The last couple of days have felt like a marathon.

I think while I am here, I will try to keep any defined plans to a minimum, and just go with the flow. The only firm commitment I have today is to meet my little brother, Thomas, at his new school at 13:45pm. That gives me a little bit of time for whatever I like, and I think I might just try to take a class from yogatoday.com. I don't have a mat, but the wood floors here seem nice enough, and I am getting used to the discomfort of being studio-less.

 My last asana-practice was at my friends apartment in Riga, the day before the 10k. I was off and felt desperate to quite down my thoughts. No one was home, and I gave her floor a quick sweep, put on t-shirt, and my running shorts, and got into a downward facing dog and started breathing. It was actually a great practice, aside from the fact that my hands started slipping the instant that I got warmed up. I practiced for about 40 minutes and it made a world of a difference. All things considered, I think I am doing decent with the asana aspect of my practice. I am trying.

I also want to find some time to begin my new book, "Winter Tales" by Isak Dinesen. Dadi Jimbo and I visited Karen Blixen's Museum yesterday (http://blixen.dk/), and he gave this book to me.

I leave you with some photos from my stay in Denmark thus far. Every time I visit Denmark, I fall more and more in  love with it. Perhaps one day, when I am finally ready to grow roots and settle down, this is the place I could commit to and call home 4.0. I






Daddi Jimbo and I












No comments:

Post a Comment