Tuesday, August 20, 2013

23 Signs You're Secretly An Introvert


When I took the Myers-Briggs at 25, and it told me I was an introvert, I thought I had done something wrong on the test. All my life I had been labeled as an extrovert. I called some friends, and 90% of them agreed - it was a mistake. I'd loved theater, and had enjoyed all my public speaking classes in college. There was no way, plus, I didn't want to be an introvert!!!
However, one very close and wise friend, agreed with Myers-Briggs. We discussed it for weeks over coffee, and over time I became more open-minded to the idea. A year later, accepting that part of myself, has brought a lot of peace. What I often genuinely want and need, makes more sense now, and I am more likely to not go against it.

“Introversion is a basic temperament, so the social aspect -- which is what people focus on -- is really a small part of being an introvert," - Dr. Marti Olsen Laney, psychotherapist and author of "The Introvert Advantage.

Naturally, I got a kick out of finding this article and wanted to share.

23 Signs You're Secretly An Introvert

No comments:

Post a Comment